Eastern Medical Imaging Services Ltd. is continuously monitoring new information about the new coronavirus and the associated disease (COVID-19), and we are adapting our care practices to reflect the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, and other evidence-based best practices.
To help us identify and treat patients with COVID-19 and avoid spread of the disease, we are asking all patients to follow these guidelines when seeking care at Eastern Medical Imaging Services Ltd.:
- If you feel ill and it is an emergency, call the Accident and Emergency department at your nearest hospital, describe your symptoms, and provide any information you have about recent international travel or contact with someone known to have COVID-19.
- If you feel ill and it is NOT an emergency, call your primary care or specialty care provider, or an urgent care center, and describe your symptoms over the phone before going to any of these locations. Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have a fever, a cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus? (Close contact means having been within 6 feet of that person for an extended time, or being exposed to their cough or sneeze.)
- Have you been notified by a public health official that you have potentially been exposed to COVID-19?
- For more severe symptoms, such as higher fever and severe shortness of breath, you may be advised to go to the local health clinic or the emergency department.
- Call our office the day before your appointment. Be prepared to answer the questions above.
- If possible, please go alone to any appointments. Do not bring children, family members or friends unless you need assistance. Especially, do not bring anyone who has a cough, a fever or shortness of breath.